Please select one of our programs below for more information.Foodbank | Youth Support | Keep Kids In School | Employment
People Requiring Employment Program (PREP)
We have funding from the Department of Education & Training under the Skilling Queenslanders for Work scheme and can offer JOB SEARCH ASSISTANCE for Queensland residents aged 15-24 years who either:
* are ineligible for Australian Government employment services or assistance (including New Zealand citizens), or
* require complementary services because they have significant barriers to learning and employment, or
* have accessed Australian Government services for more than six months and remain unemployed.
Priority will be given to young people who have already left school or are undertaking further education and training.
What does the program fund?
Ready for Work will provide job search assistance and training including:
* resume preparation and writing
* job interview skills
* job search advice, including where to look for work, how to apply for work, and understands employer expectations
* networking opportunities with local businesses and employers to share their experiences and industry knowledge
* employability skills, such as communication in the workplace, working in a team, problem solving, planning and organising, and self-management.
* proactive job seeking assistance
If this sounds like you, or your son/daughter/young person you know, please give our Employment Guru WAYNE a call here at the Centre on 0491 148 185 to make an appointment.